Miscellaneous IG Hacks
- Instagram profile lets you use hashtags in the bio/tag relevant accounts.
- Put the DM feature to good use. If you are a business/brand elicit responses from your followers by encouraging them to DM you for queries or discussing sponsorship propositions.
- Use a Public Profile and choose form either Business or Creator accounts. A label is displayed under your name. Mine’s Writer.
- Add Email so that people can reach out to you.
- You can view Analytics of who followed your account over a period of time and what level of engagement you received by posting at a certain hour.
- IG algorithm prefers you to take pictures and videos from the camera within the app instead of uploading it from your camera roll
- Instagram discourages the deletion or archiving of posts/videos.
So, if you are not already on TikTok and leveraging the platform for your brand (like many), try IG Reels – the latest addition by Instagram (read: Facebook). A feature meant to offset TikTok’s dominance in the 15 seconds video race.
Subscribe below to see more content like this.
What are your thoughts on the subject? Let me know in the comments.
I’ll respond to each one.